ADVERTISING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By sending an Order to the Hotcourses Group the Advertiser agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. Unless otherwise agreed in writing and signed by a Hotcourses Group Director, the Hotcourses Group will not enter into contracts with customers except on these terms and conditions. Any other terms and conditions proffered or referred to in any document, for example in any purchase order, are expressly rejected.
In these terms and conditions, the following definitions apply:
Advertiser is the customer named on the Order;
Advertising Contract is the Order and these terms and conditions;
Click-through rate or CTR is the ratio of the number of times a web user clicks on an online advertisement to the number of website visitors who view the advertisement;
Content is all text, information, data, images, audio or video material in whatever medium or form provided by the Advertiser to the Hotcourses Group or the Hotcourses Group obtains from the Advertiser’s website or prospectus for incorporation in the Website;
Cost per Application/Enrolment or CPA is the price charged to the Advertiser for:
(a) each application, and
(b) for each enrolment
in either case received by the Advertiser as agreed by the Parties on the Order;
Cost per Enquiry Model or CPEM is the price charged to the Advertiser for each web click by a user, for each email received by the Hotcourses Group from a user, or other interaction agreed by the Parties on the Order;
CPA Budget is the total fees for CPA as set out in the Order, which is reduced according to the contracted price for each application or enrolment delivered until the CPA Budget is exhausted;
CPEM Budget is the total fees for CPEM as set out in the Order, which is reduced according to the contracted price for each click and/or email delivered, and/or each other agreed interaction until the CPEM Budget is exhausted;
Fees are the fees payable in respect of the Services specified on the Order;
Go Live Date is the date on which the Advertiser’s advertisement will go live, as specified in the Order or, if the Order does not specify such date, the date falling 30 days after the formation of the Advertising Contract in accordance with clause 2 below;
Enrolment Matching Tool or EMT is the enrolment matching tool the Advertiser runs at the end of the Advertising Contract to determine the total number of applications or enrolments the Advertiser received via the Website;
Learning Provider means educational institutions that provide learning programmes (including bachelors’ degrees, foundation degrees, and higher national diplomas) and postgraduate programmes (including masters’ degrees, master of business administrations, PhDs and doctorates);
Intellectual Property Rights are all intellectual property rights wherever in the world arising, whether registered or unregistered (and including any application), including copyright, know-how, confidential information, trade secrets, business names and domain names, trade marks, service marks, patents, petty patents, utility models, design rights, semi-conductor topography rights, database rights and all rights in the nature of unfair competition rights or rights to sue for passing off;
Hotcourses Group is Hotcourses Limited (a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 02471319 and with its registered office at First Floor Bedford House, 69-79 Fulham High Street, London, SW6 3JW;
Order is the Hotcourses Group’s advertising order form or order email for the Services;
Party means each of the Advertiser and the Hotcourses Group and together the Advertiser and the Hotcourses Group are the Parties;
Services: means the services set out in the Order to be supplied by the Hotcourses Group to the Advertiser;
Website: any websites under the control of the Hotcourses Group and/or any third party websites on which the Hotcourses Group places advertising profiles of the Advertiser (or any of the Hotcourses Group’s advertisers).
- An Advertising Contract will be formed at the moment the Hotcourses Group accepts in writing (including by email) an Order received by it from the Advertiser or the Advertiser’s agent.
- Where the Advertiser places the Order and requests the Hotcourses Group to invoice an agent the Advertising Contract is nonetheless formed between the Advertiser and the Hotcourses Group. The Advertiser acknowledges that it is contractually liable to make payment to the Hotcourses Group in accordance with these terms and conditions in the event the agent fails to make payment when it falls due.
- Cancellation of an Order by the Advertiser will be subject to a 100% cancellation fee as the cost of an order is incurred at the beginning of the term. All cancellations must be made in writing (including by email) and acknowledged by the Hotcourses Group in writing (including by email).
- Other than for the CPEM, website options start from the Go Live Date. In respect of the CPEM, if the Advertiser does not specify in the Order the date on which it wishes to commence CPEM, that activity will similarly commence on the Go Live Date.
- If the Advertiser fails to supply or approve their advertising copy in time for the Go Live Date, the twelve-month chargeable period will nonetheless start from the Go Live Date.
7.1 The Hotcourses Group, with an exception of the clearing profile, shall have the final approval of all advertising copy profiles for the Websites.
7.2 The Advertiser may suggest factual Content for the Hotcourses Group to use before the Go Live Date.
7.3 The Advertiser may change photographs and videos featured in the HE Copy at any time.
- If no copy, or inadequate or insufficient copy is provided by the date falling 30 days before the Go Live Date the Advertiser agrees the Hotcourses Group may obtain the Content from the Advertiser’s website and/or prospectus.
- Should an Order remain incomplete at the Go Live Date due to the Advertiser not providing the requested information, and it not being available on their website, full payment of the Fees is still due.
- The Hotcourses Group gives no guarantees as to the mix of web clicks, emails or other interactions that are delivered for the CPEM Budget.
- The Hotcourses Group reserves the right to run the advertising until the value of the CPEM Budget has been exhausted, and beyond any date by which it was assumed delivery would have been completed at the point of booking.
- The Hotcourses Group reserves the right to reduce the remaining CPEM Budget for delivery of enquiries pro rata for any period that the Advertiser fails to maintain a complete listing of their available courses for any period in which advertising is live.
13.1 The Advertiser shall use all necessary professional skill and care in running the EMT and selecting and setting the correct data sets to achieve an accurate set of results from the running of the EMT. The Hotcourses Group shall have the right to investigate whether the EMT was run correctly and using the correct data sets, including by an audit of the appropriate books and records of the Advertiser to the extent necessary to allow it to verify the accuracy of the EMT results. The Advertiser is obligated to re-run the EMT using the corrected data sets at the Hotcourses Group’s request.
13.2 When the Advertiser runs the Enrolment Matching Tool, personal data shall be processed in line with the EMT Data Processing Agreement.
13.3 The Hotcourses Group shall extend the period of the Advertising Contract if the CPA Budget is not exhausted until established by further EMTs run at times decided by the Hotcourses Group.
13.4 If the Advertiser fails to run the EMT at the end of the Advertising Contract or any other times designated by the Hotcourses Group, or fails to run it with corrected data sets as requested in accordance with clause 13.1 above, the Hotcourses Group is discharged from its obligations to provide further applications and/or enrolments via the Website and the Advertiser will be liable to pay the Fees in full.
13.5 The Advertiser is licensed to use the EMT solely for the purposes of the Advertising Contract. Any other use of the EMT is expressly prohibited. The licence is non-exclusive and non-transferable. The Advertiser may load the EMT and use it on one computer which is solely used by the Advertiser. The Advertiser may not:
(a) rent, lease, distribute, sub-license, loan, copy, modify, adapt, merge, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the whole or any part of the EMT (except as allowed by law); or
(b) except as expressly provided in this agreement, to use, reproduce or deal in the Software in any way.
13.6 The EMT is licensed “AS IS” without any warranty. The Hotcourses Group disclaims all warranties and conditions as to quality or fitness for purpose, whether express or implied by statute or otherwise.
- It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to ensure that its full courses database is correct, up to date and permanently listed on the Website for the full period of the Advertising Contract.
- The Hotcourses Group provides a platform for Advertisers to advertise their courses on the Website, it does not guarantee sale of those courses.
- The Advertiser agrees that any contract, arrangement or agreement is between the Advertiser and visitors to the Website following any enquiry made through the Website. The Hotcourses Group shall not be party to, and shall have no rights or obligations under, any such contract, arrangement or agreement.
17.1 The Advertiser agrees that the Content is subject to the approval of the Hotcourses Group.
17.2 The Hotcourses Group reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisement, Order, space reservation or position commitment at any time, or remove any advertisement from any website page controlled by the Hotcourses Group, or reject any URL link embodied within the Content.
- The Advertiser shall comply with the codes of practice and any applicable guidance issued by the UK’s Committee of Advertising Practice or the Advertising Standards Authority as applicable and all other relevant industry codes of practice and guidance.
19.1 By submitting or approving Content for use on the Website, the Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that it acquires no proprietary interest in the Website or its content and may not use them in any way except as expressly permitted by the Hotcourses Group and only for the duration of the Advertising Contract.
19.2 For the avoidance of doubt, the translated Content used on the Advertiser’s website may not be displayed after the expiry date of the Advertising Contract.
- The Advertiser warrants it owns or is validly licensed to use all Intellectual Property Rights in the Content.
- The Advertiser shall on demand indemnify and keep indemnified the Hotcourses Group against all costs, claims, damages, losses and expenses incurred by the Hotcourses Group arising as a result of any claims actual or threatened of any kind including without limitation infringements of third party Intellectual Property Rights, libel, defamation, breach of confidentiality, breach of any statutory or regulatory duty, false or misleading advertising or breach of any industry advertising codes or sales practices (including codes of practice and guidance issued by the UK’s Committee of Advertising Practice or the Advertising Standards Authority) arising from the Content and/or any material of the Advertiser or other parties that users of the Website can link through the Content.
- For translated profile booking on our international sites, a maximum of two sets of amendments may be made to profiles in one year. However, an unlimited amount of changes to English copy can be made by Advertisers via www.myhotcourses.com.
- All Fees and other charges are quoted exclusive of VAT (and any other applicable sales tax in any jurisdiction) which, if applicable, shall be charged in addition thereto. If the Advertiser is required by any applicable law to withhold any part of any amount payable to the Hotcourses Group, the Advertiser shall at the time of payment make an additional payment to the Hotcourses Group equal to the amount of such withholding.
- The Hotcourses Group shall use reasonable efforts to reclaim tax withheld (provided that the extent of such efforts shall be assessed by reference to the amount withheld balanced against the time, effort and costs that will be required to seek to reclaim such sums). If the Hotcourses Group does successfully recoup any such withheld monies, it will (after it has received such monies) pay to the Advertiser a reasonable proportion thereof (taking into account, amongst other matters, the costs and business time spent in achieving such recoupment), provided always that such payment shall only be due if and to the extent that the Advertiser did gross up the payments made by it pursuant to clause 23.
- Invoices are issued by the Hotcourses Group on receipt of the Order. Payment terms are 30 days from date of invoice, unless otherwise specified.
- All invoices must be paid promptly in accordance with their terms.
- The Fees are non-refundable.
- Fees shall be paid in full, free of deduction, set off or counterclaim and in cleared funds to a bank account nominated in writing (including by email) by the Hotcourses Group.
29.1 If the Advertiser fails to pay any amount payable by it under the Advertising Contract, then without prejudice to any other remedy, the Hotcourses Group shall be entitled, but not obliged, to suspend the Services, and interest shall accrue on the overdue amount at the statutory rate for the time being in force under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
29.2 Such interest shall be payable by the Advertiser forthwith on demand, from the due date up to the date of actual payment, after as well as before judgment.
29.3 Such interest shall accrue on a daily basis and be compounded quarterly.
29.4 Where interest on any sum due accrues in accordance with this clause, any payment later received will be applied first in payment of the interest due, and secondly in reduction of the indebtedness.
30.1 All information relating to identifiable people using the Website (Students) and passed to the Advertiser should be treated as confidential.
30.2 The Advertiser shall agree to maintain all such confidential information in confidence and using at least the same degree of care as it employs with respect to its own confidential information, being at least a reasonable degree of care.
- The Hotcourses Group and the Advertiser agree that all personal data created and/or otherwise processed pursuant to the Advertising Contract will be processed fairly and lawfully by the parties in accordance with DP Law (as such term is defined in the Data Processing Agreement referred to below). The Advertiser warrants that it will comply at all times with the DP Law, and that it has in place and undertakes to observe appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of personal data and to guard against unauthorised or unlawful access to or processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data. The Advertiser further agrees and undertakes that for all processing activities but for the Enrolment Matching tool, it will act as a Data Processor and Hotcourses Group will be the Data Controller (as defined in the DP Law).
By entering into this Advertising Contract, the Advertiser accepts and agrees to the terms of and will be bound by the Hotcourses Data Processing (DPA) Agreement and the EMT Data Processing Agreement (EDPA ) as set out at DPA and EDPA. For the avoidance of doubt, the Advertiser agrees to process any personal data that it has access to as a result of the Advertising Contract only in accordance with these Data Processing Agreements.
- The Advertiser will only use the personal data provided by the Hotcourses Group in accordance with the provisions of the Data Processing Agreement and for the purpose given (namely providing requested information or answering an enquiry).
- The Advertiser shall not pass on the personal data provided by the Hotcourses Group to third parties unless it is in accordance with the provisions of the Data Processing Agreement and to satisfy the original purpose (namely providing requested information or answering an enquiry). Without limiting the other obligations under this Advertising Contract or the Data Processing Agreement, when that happens the Advertiser shall ensure that (a) secure methods are in place prior to personal data/confidential information being passed to these authorised third parties and (b) such third parties are subject to same obligations as the Advertiser has to the Hotcourses Group under this Advertising Contract and the Data Processing Agreement.
- As an existing customer, the Advertiser will be sent periodic updates on the Hotcourses Group’s products and services. The option to opt-out will be included in all related correspondence.
- In the event that the Advertiser cancels, does not pay as agreed or for any reason is unable to accept enquiries from a CPEM booking, such as but not limited to, the Advertiser not running the courses, the Hotcourses Group may in its discretion remove the Content from the Website.
- In the event of removal of Content by the Hotcourses Group under clause 35 above, should not all the booked guaranteed enquiries be fulfilled by this time the full outstanding Fees are still due and payable.
- The Hotcourses Group will not be liable to the Advertiser if for any reason beyond its control the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- The terms of the Advertising Contract constitute the entire agreement between the parties regarding its subject matter and supersede and replace any and all prior agreements, understandings or arrangements between the parties, whether oral or in writing (including by email), with respect to the same.
- No representation, undertaking or promise shall be taken to have been given or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between the parties prior to the Advertising Contract except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
- Neither party shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other upon which that party relied in entering into the Advertising Contract (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and that party’s only remedies shall be for breach of contract as provided in the Advertising Contract.
- The Hotcourses Group shall not in any circumstances whatever be liable to the Advertiser, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Advertising Contract for any indirect or consequential loss or damage. The maximum aggregate liability of the Hotcourses Group under or in connection with the Advertising Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, shall in all circumstances be limited to a sum equal to the CPA Budget or the CPEM Budget, as the case may be. This maximum cap does not apply to (a)death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of the Hotcourses Group, (b)fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c)any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- A waiver of any right under these terms and conditions is only effective if it is in writing (including by email) and shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach or default.
- The Advertising Contract is governed by the law of England and Wales and any dispute is subject to the exclusive (subject to clause 43) jurisdiction of the Courts and Tribunals of England and Wales.
- The Hotcourses Group may issue proceedings against the Advertiser in any jurisdiction in which the Advertiser has any assets or where there is otherwise any likelihood of recovery of debt from the Advertiser. In this situation the Advertiser is liable for the costs of such proceedings including legal fees, accommodation, subsistence and travel expenses of the Hotcourses Group, its employees, agents and legal and other representatives.
Terms & Conditions were updated in January 2019